So my wife, kids and I went stayed the night in NYC this past Friday. We were on our way home from CT, where my son was receiving IVIG treatment for an auto-immune disease he has. This stay was very much on a whim. We had no extra clothes, and I only brought enough Paleo food for one day. Those of you who know my wife, know that going to NYC on a "whim" is very unlike her. Cherie is a planner and needs to know the plan.
Being in NYC has its challenges. First off, driving in that city SUCKS! Everywhere you go you think someone is going to hit you. Walking in the city sucks too. I am there all the time for work, but never on a weekend. Why do people feel the need to move at a Glacial Pace when walking down the street or just stopping in the middle of the side walk? It is aggravating.
Now eating in this city is truly a great experience. There is food everywhere. Carts, diners, full blown restaurants. If you have never experienced dining in NYC, then you should really make it a point to get there. The food is really great. That said, on this trip I had a small problem, or so I thought. Two weeks ago I went full blown Paleo. How was I going to eat anything in this city?
Well, it really wasn't that hard. Breakfast was a snap with Eggs, meats and fruit at ANY BREAKFAST PLACE. Lunch was easy as well. I never knew Chipotle and Chop'T had grass fed meats. Furthermore, a lot of restaurants have grass fed chicken on the menu. Dinner was also pretty easy. We went for Asian. I had Sashimi vs. Sushi. It was just as good. There are also little stores like PAX where you can create your own salad, get a bowl of fruit or even a plate of veggies.
I know some like to call NYC "The Big Apple," but that is kinda limiting. It really is "The Big Paleo!"
The WOD
Our WOD's are courtesy of Crossfit Main Line:
Strength: Clean Complex/
EMOM for 7min x2 reps
• Hang Clean 7min x2 reps
• Power Clean 7min x2 reps
• Squat Clean 7min x2 reps
**There will be a rolling clock for 21 min.
**No tire changes
Meal Plan
Today's Meal Plan...or whenever we update it.
Lunch: Almond Chicken Breasts and Vegatables
Dinner: Avocado Slices, Grilled Turkey Breast, Steamed Broccoli and Artichoke, Bowl of Berries
Snack: Beef Jerky
No comments:
Post a Comment