The WOD


Our WOD's are courtesy of Crossfit Main Line:

Monday 3.25.13 W.O.D.

Strength: Clean Complex/
EMOM for 7min x2 reps
• Hang Clean 7min x2 reps
• Power Clean 7min x2 reps
• Squat Clean 7min x2 reps
**There will be a rolling clock for 21 min.
**No tire changes


Meal Plan

Today's Meal Plan...or whenever we update it.

Break: Bowl of diced Apples, raisins and carrots

Lunch: Almond Chicken Breasts and Vegatables

Dinner: Avocado Slices, Grilled Turkey Breast, Steamed Broccoli and Artichoke, Bowl of Berries

Snack: Beef Jerky

Sunday, March 24, 2013

My First Blog Post - A Somewhat Brief Introduction

My name is Guy and I am now a blogger. I have no idea what that means, but a good friend of mine, Scott asked me to do, and who am I to say no to writing about myself. So we will figure it out together (if anyone is reading this).  I am the only 30 something in the group. I turn 38 in July. I am married to a great girl who is selfless where I am selfish. Reasoned where I can be irrational. Bad at math where I am an accountant. I also have 2 amazing little ones who are 9 and 7 (she turns 7 tomorrow). They test my patience daily and most nights I count the minutes until bedtime. But I wake up each and every day looking forward to seeing their beautiful smiles (for a few minutes at least until they annoyingly ask me for something, that is). And I have a good group of friends who tolerate me at best.

Up until about a year ago, I was really out of shape (like 40 pounds heavier than I am now, and I could still stand to lose a few lbs). So one day, I finally got the courage to start running. I started with less than a mile, then it was a mile and a couple of feet, then a mile and half. I think you get the picture.  It has progressed to signing up for a 10 mile run in May. I have never run 10 consecutive miles in my life (so far my "record" is 7+ miles), but I am excited.

I have also taken up CrossFit. I started on December 31, 2012 and have not looked back. It is so much more fun than I could have imagined, and I have met and continue to meet some really great people. I always played sports, and continue to take Sunday softball and tennis matches with friends way too seriously, but this is different. I get to be competitive with myself and I like it for reasons I hope to explain during this journey.  The whole experience of the last year has been emotional, hysterical, sad, happy ...  You name it.

Before I go into more of the craziness that is me, and hopefully make you laugh every once in a while, I would like to acknowledge a group of people that CF (CrossFit) singles out, and rightfully so. The men and women of our armed forces, the cops and the firefighters. The people that put their lives on the line each and every day to ensure that we are safe. Politics aside, it really takes a special kind of person - a bigger person than me - to do that every day. I am glad CF goes out of its way to acknowledge them in a such a special way, and I also wanted to do so briefly here.

Now onto me being me. I hope you enjoy this journey, and I welcome any and all positive feedback.

2 comments:

  1. Guy, the change since you begun is impressive and the result is amazing.
    Keep focusing on superfoods, healthy nutrition and your fitness targets.

    How cool of you to acknowledge the special people that CF singles out.
    You should be singled out for what you contribute and how much you support your country... and our country ;)

    Enjoy the thrill of blogging and the ride to a "better you".
    PS: You may not only get positive feedback, but you'll always know how to respond ;)

    ReplyDelete